Gemini represents according to Greek mythology the twin gods Castor and Pollux, sons of the great god Zeus. They were the friends and protectors of all seamen. Because of all the work they did to protect men of the sea they were immortalised as a constellation.
Geocache Land have been working with artist Karen Jordan to produce a very special series of zodiac based geocoins and this is the third in the series.
Karen Jordan is a UK based artist who works in Pixelism (tiny dots), so each of her works of art take hours to complete. Karen has produced a series of artwork based on the signs of the zodiac for Geocache Land to produce as geocoins.
Each of the twelve pieces of art are being painstakingly converted to 3D mint ready designs by Jon-Paul Barr (JP's GeoDesigns). As you will understand, to keep as much of the original detail as possible this is a very slow and painstaking process.
These coins are 64mm in diameter, 5mm thick, full 3D, and weigh 72g. They are trackable on Geocaching.com with their own icon.
- Regular Edition, Silver - 52 coins made, £15
- Limited Edition, Gold - 40 coins made. £16
- Extra Limited Edition, Antique Bronze - 36 coins made, £18
- Geocache Land Edition, Two Tone Black Nickel/ Satin Silver - 30 coins made, £18
- Karen Thorn Artist Edition, Satin Gold - 16 coins made, £20
- Jon-Paul Barr Artist Edition, Two Tone Antique Silver/ Antique Gold - 16 coins made (not for sale from Geocache Land)
- Personal Edition - Two tone Gold/ Antique Silver - 10 made (not for sale from Geocache Land)
Karen Jordan's original artwork
Jon-Paul Barr's mint ready version
Also in the series: