If you would like to send your geocoin, Travel Bug or Tag out into the wide world on a mission or adventure you will need to activate it first.
All of Geocache Land's own geocoins and tags do not come with the activation code included with the trackable. This is because geocaching.com store all our activation codes in their database for us making it easy to recover your activation code and activate your trackable in one go.
This is a simple process and can be completed using the following steps:
- Go to geocaching.com and log in (if you do not have a geocaching.com account you can create one for free from the home page).
- Click on "Play" at the top of the page. A dropdown menu will appear.
- From that menu click on "Trackables"
- Scroll down the page to the "Useful Links" section
- Click on "Activate a Trackable"
- On this page click on "Retrieve your activation code" (normally in a blue font)
- A page entitled "Lost Activation Code" will appear. Enter your tracking code in the box and your activation code will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the page and you will have now activated your trackable.
For general questions about geocoins and trackables click here