In Greek mythology, Gemini was associated with the myth of Castor and Pollux, the children of Leda and Argonauts both. Pollux was the son of Zeus, who seduced Leda, while Castor was the son of Tyndareus, king of Sparta and Leda's husband. Castor and Pollux were also mythologically associated with St. Elmo's fire in their role as the protectors of sailors. When Castor died, because he was mortal, Pollux begged his father Zeus to give Castor immortality, and he did, by uniting them together in the heavens.
Geocache Land have been working with artist Karen Jordan to produce a very special series of zodiac based geocoins and this is the 4th in the series.
Karen Jordan is a UK based artist who works in Pixelism (tiny dots), so each of her works of art take hours to complete. Karen has produced a series of artwork based on the signs of the zodiac for Geocache Land to produce as geocoins.
Each of the twelve pieces of art are being painstakingly converted to 3D mint ready designs by Jon-Paul Barr (JP's GeoDesigns). As you will understand, to keep as much of the original detail as possible this is a very slow and painstaking process.
These coins are 64mm in diameter, 5mm thick, full 3D, and weigh 73g. They are trackable on Geocaching.com with their own icon.
- Regular Edition, Silver- 52 coins made, £15
- Limited Edition, Gold- 40 coins made. £16
- Extra Limited Edition, Antique Bronze - 36 coins made, £18
- Geocache Land Edition, Two Tone Black Nickel/ Satin Silver - 30 coins made, £18
- Karen Thorn Artist Edition, Satin Gold - 16 coins made, £20
- Jon-Paul Barr Artist Edition, Two Tone Antique Silver/ Antique Gold - 16 coins made (not for sale from Geocache Land)
- Personal Edition - Two tone Gold/ Antique Silver - 10 made (not for sale from Geocache Land)
This is a 3for2 offer item. Add any 3 items in this mix and match offer to your cart and the cheapest item will be free.